THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES

Tuesday, October 14, 2008

"Ask More..."

So I was walking through a CVS store near campus one day and I went to the book and magazine section. I wasn't looking for anything in particular, but there was one book that caught my eye titled, "All About Me." I looked through it, and it was one of those fill-in-the blank books that ask you about yourself. Sure, I've seen those types of books before, but this one got really personal. It asked you about your morals, sexuality, God and the world, family, friends, etc. The questions were very mind-boggling and really made me wonder how well do I really know myself? How well does anyone really know themselves for that matter?

I decided to get the book just to see what answers I would fill in. To my surprise, I found it a bit of a challenge to answer everything, which to me was no surprise seeing as how sometimes I even forget who I am (lol). But I believe that the point of this book wasn't to simply fill out the questions and that's it. I believe the author intended for the book to be some sort of reflection type book, and really lets a person ask questions that otherwise probably wouldn't be asked.

I often wonder if I even ask enough questions. Whether the questions be about myself, or other people and things, I just don't know if I ask enough sometimes. There's no such thing as a dumb question right? Well, I supose sometimes there are exceptions to even that rule. However, I think that each day we are destined to learn something new. It can be a small lesson, or an even more valuable lesson. Either way, asking questions is the only way to get by in this world, because no one is born with the answers to everything. Even Jesus asked His Father questions sometimes too. What have you asked someone today?

0 comments: