THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES

Wednesday, July 8, 2009

"Where Is The Love?"

What is love? It's a word that once had true meaning, and the true meaning of love was not taken seriously and not just tossed around like a rag doll. However, it seems that nowadays that word and the sanctity of it has become a thing of the past, and doesn't look like it is going to make it's way back into popularity anytime soon.

Being a celebrity/entertainment reporter, I have to oftentimes look at different celebrities and their lifestyles. That means that I look at all the gossip, events, concerts, films, and of course celeb relationships. What I have noticed all in all is that not only do most celebrities toss this word around, but those that look up to them mimic such carelessness and exude such to others when it comes to relationships.

When I was younger, I thought I knew what love was. It started with those little butterflies that fluttered in my stomach when I saw that certain guy. Then it went on to writing about him in my private journal and thoughts. Then it went to the giggling about him and talking about him with my friends. Sensing a pattern here? It's the puppy love that older generations say little girls and little boys experience, but not real love. As I got older, I realized what the older folks meant when they said we were too young to know what real love was. Today, I still think that even adults forget what real love is as well.

Ever since I can remember, I have always admired the love and commitment that actors Will Smith and his wife Jada Pinkett-Smith have exuded throughout the years that they have been together. You never hear of them cheating on one another, fighting in public, having their drama placed on the front cover of magazines, and they obviously love and absolutely adore one another. Why is it that we can see examples of what real love is and not want to follow it?

In my own relationship, I see that day by day he and I make one another a priority and see to it that eachother's happiness is attributed to one another. We have a very mature relationship and we make sacrifices for one another and see to it that we stay committed to one another. There were times when we would argue and fight, but even Jada says that a little conflict keeps the flame alive. I look at what we have and look at others and can understand why we are strange to others and why the way we interact with one another is almost incomprehensible. There is nothing strange about what we do; it's strange that others don't understand what we do.

Daily I hear young girls say how much they love a man that pretty much doesn't respect her. Daily I hear about how young men simply feel that love is how good sex feels. The truth of the matter is that just like N.E.R.D. said in their song, "We don't need another love song. We need a love bomb." The fact of the matter is that the real meaning of love and the sanctity of love has become lost in a whirlwind of confusion, lust, misunderstanding, and ignorance. God intended love to mean something to each and every one of us and for it to be shared with others. But how are you going to share something when you don't know what it is? We always hear about how women lay with men, get pregnant and the man leaves. Gee, I wonder why. Could it be because love was not there? Yeah, I think that just may be the case.

The real meaning of love starts with looking to the Word of God and finding what the true meaning of love is. The footprints of an angel are love and those footprints can be made daily if the time to understand what love is, is taken and given a chance. And where there is love, miraculous things can happen. I've seen it in my own relationship.

0 comments: