THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES

Thursday, May 1, 2008

Happiness in Loneliness


There are times in life when one mus have to walk alone. Some have to do it for a minute, some a day. Many have to do it for a month, many more for years.
So many times, "alone time" has been equated with sadness, heartache, and pain. There are very few moments when such a time can be used for something good. However, it is during the times whe happiness can be found in aloneness that one will no longer be alone. For instance, I have been one of those individuals that has walked the path of loneliness for years. I was always the one that never seemed to fit in. Though I shed the tears and had no one to dry them for me, I eventually drew a lesson from that walk. Throughout that time of loneliness, I had gone through several phases before I could become satisfied with who I truly was. I had spent so much time trying to fit in with others, that when asked who I was, I couldn't answer. But during that alone time, I found who I was and became happy with who I looked at in the mirror. Once I found that happiness, I found a group that I naturally belonged to. A group who loved who I was and never desired for me to change. I had finally found a group that I can call my sisters.
So alone time doesn't always have to be equated with sadness. Nor does it have to be a path of tears. However, loneliness can be equated with discovery. It is those that are not afraid to venture off into a dork, lonely place that make great discoveries; and that's what life is all about: finding out who you are and discovering the true treasures of life.

0 comments: