THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES

Tuesday, May 6, 2008

"A Tribute to Mothers"


Where have all the "mothers" gone? I mean, biologically we know they are here, seeing as how children are born everyday. But in this day and age the true definition of a mother has begun to vanish amongst today's generation.
I sat in my room one day and was watching a usual episode of the Maury show. The topic was something about how teens were wild and crazy and basically couldn't be controlled by their parents, especially the mothers. How can this be the case? Is the mother not the parent? How can the same person that brought her children into this world be disrespected by the same children? Is it the mother's fault? Is it the children's fault? Or could it be society's fault?
I walk through the mall sometimes, and when I see young girls out with friends, I see that the girls began to look a great deal like their best friend that is walking with them that day. Of course, this is from looking far away. As I get closer, I see that this is actually her mother---dressing like her child, talking like her child, pretty much being a teen just like her daughter. Though one may say, "Well, maybe her mother is just her best friend," I have to wonder to myself if that really is the case.
My mother is my best friend in this whole world. She has never steered me in the wrong direction, and I know that she will always do right by me. However, though she is my bff, she is my mother first. I think that that is where the so called mothers of today are going wrong. They are so quick to want to be their kid's best friend, that they often forget how to be a real mother.
To me the true mothers can be found in those generations that my generation know as the baby boomers and even some from other generations as well. Those mothers worked hard to see to it that their children had what they needed in life, and the children of that time appreciated such. Those mothers were not afraid to whip out a belt and discipline their children. Those mothers knew what it was like to really see to it that your children were well-behaved when they went out to other places, and even in other places another mother was going to be your mother if you cut up lol. Either way, the mothers of those generations were and still are the true definitions of mothers.
Nowadays, we have children raising children, whether they are their own children or merely the siblings. But why is this the case? We can't always blame the children. The Bible says to raise up a child in the way he should go and when he is old he will not depart from it. That scripture reigns true today as it did over 2000 years ago. The training of a child under the guidance of a good mother begins at home. This Mother's Day, see to it that you truly consider who the true mothers of today are, in addition to the one in your home. Realize that you only get one mother in this world and everyday, you let her know that you love her and really mean it. Meanwhile, just pray that these new generations of mothers get it together and look for inspiration in the true living and non-living definitions of a true mother.

0 comments: